AVIC411.com

Backup camera view when driving

Hi to everyone..

My unit is the f900bt, it's hooked up with an backup camera, working perfect, so I noticed that on one of the screens I should be able to have rearview on the monitor while driving, to keep an eye on an attasched trailer or something, but I do not get an image when doing that.. anyone have an idea why not?? I'm able to watch dvd mowies when driving, since I did the bypass...

Probably because your power for the camera is connected to the reverse lights or another wire that's only hot when the vehicle is in reverse...

If it was wired correctly, the +12v wire would be connected to a power source that's on whenever the car is on, which would allow you to view the reverse camera without being in reverse.

Yeah, I have the same problem. I installed it myself and like narcolept said its because the cameras power is drawn from the reverse lights. I could connect it its own power source but it was much easier to connect it to the reverse lights and that way the camera is not always on when Im not using it.