AVIC411.com

Need advice for x910bt

i have the chance to buy one at a fair price, but all im reading is a lot of problems?

after the software upgrade though is it okay? should i consider the older "f" series units?

or should i just stay away and save some money for the x920? what would you guys recommend.

im coming from a p4100dvd and want to change things up and get some nav along with newer user interface.

thanks everyone

the reason that all you see is a bunch of problems, is thats what most forums are about, very few people come online and say "hey install went great, unit works just like its supposed to" most people only come on either to modify there systems (plenty of that going on here) or they are having a problem and need to find out how to fix it.

the bigger issue here is that a great deal of the problems here are due either to people not knowing how to install things correctly, or not reading the manual and just using it wrong.

there isn't much difference between the 910's and the F-series, it pretty much comes down to what you can get a better price on, and stay away from refurbished units, something was wrong with them to begin with and pioneer has a history of not being able to repair stuff right (or at all)

I have a slightly different take then 1loudls. Although he is correct in saying that a lot of issues are do to user or install error, in the case of the F/X series, there just plagued with problems period. I would stay away from them and concentrate on the X920. Even though it shares the X moniker, it is a completely different unit and far more stable.