AVIC411.com

Time to Upgrade!!

I'm tired of fumbling around with my unstable F90BT. I've reloaded, reflashed, yada yada yada...but whatever I do it won't operate normally. So I've decided to give up and get a new one. I was about to wash my hands with Pioneer...especially when my F90BT started to exhibit the dreaded engine/alt whine, but after looking at the new revamped X920BT I figured I give it another go. Now I come here and find out that the X920BT isn't even hackable!!! That stinks..but not a major deal breaker. I mean if I went with a kenwood, Clarion, etc their interfaces are already ugly...so Pioneer already beats them out. No to mention maybe sometime in the future(I'm being hopeful here...) the x920 could be hacked...

My question boils down to this...should I just get a refurb'd X910BT or get the newer, sleeker X920BT for only $105 more? Adding a 3yr warranty to whichever one I get...so I'm not SOL in the future like I am now.

You will still have issues with the 910 so I would stay away. Even Pioneer would like to get as far away from that whole F/X series of the past as fast as they can. The 920 is a far more stable unit and functional unit. The nav leaves a little to be desired and is less featured then the previous series but it will get you where you want to go. Don't hold your breath though on it being hacked. You just might die.

Thanks for the quick response. I'll give up hacking for a more stable platform any day of the week. My old one had way to many issues. I just won a x920bt on fleabay for $635. Time to list mine and let it be someone else's concern. For what I wanted it to do it just wasn't cutting it. I loved the flexibility...but the instability is for the birds. The only thing I want the to add is support for Android phones. I just picked up an HTC EVO 4G and I'm a little upset that the X920BT supports BB over Android...boooooooooo Pioneer...boooooooo. My only option I guess is to tether my iPod Touch to my EVO's 3G connection and see if I can get things to work that way.