AVIC411.com

Pause Directions

Is there are way to pause directions when you've plugged in a route? I know how to get out of my town, it's after that I may need help. Or pause so you can exit the freeway for gas or coffee without the system getting all mad and recalculating (make a u-turn, make a u-turn...)? I also know that going the freeway at 5pm on a Friday through downtown is not the "fastest" route, so I'll circumvent that on surface streets till I'm where it's safe to get on, that also pisses her off. Every minute she's telling me in 400 feet make a right...

I want to route it before leaving the house so it can track the time and mileage, etc, so I don't want to start it AFTER I'm halfway there. I just want her to recalculate once I'm back on the freeway or something.

Ideas? Thanks.

slimshades26

My AVIC-F700BT has NO hacks and is upgraded to version 3.020.

P.S. I only saw one other post about pausing a route, it's from 2008, so I'm wondering if someone figured something out since then. Thanks in advance.

slim, most of the hacks over in the hack forum will have a mute button. This mute button will only mute the directions given by navi and not affect your other sources. This will serve your purpose as it is a toggle off/on button that you can push whenever needed. I usually use it from the get go and as I near my destination or turn I just toggle it back on.

yes

tread carefully, modding the system can have desastrous effects is any mistakes are made

there are a few compleatly modded files that people have done and giving out that do include a bunch of little tweaks that really make up for a lot of pioneers short comings, and these are a little easier to do before going in and trying it yourself, if it all new to you.