AVIC411.com

I am having a very weird issue. I am losing audio after i turn on my headlights from my unit. Xm was doing it first and only xm but now its every source that will do it. Will not do it allthe time but its very annoying because the only way toget the audio back is to turn off the car and turn it back on again. I disconnected the parking light wire from the unit and it still does it. Getting very frustrated, and someone out there has to be having the same exact problem i am having. I completely reinstalled the unit twice just to see if i missed anything but nope its all good. Any input on this topic would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance!!!!!

Talked to the guys at pioneers tech support and they said others are having the same issue. I explained to him it did it only when i turned on my headlights and he said do you have hids installed in the car and i do and then he asked me if they were digital or analog. Theyre analog. Aparently the analog ballasts throw off some kind of frequency which randomly interfere with this unit. The tech support guy also mentioned to me that he had been speaking with someone else about this problem and they took their unit out of their vehicle, hooked it up to a completely different power source, and had it playing and had the vehicle inside the bay and turned on the headlights and it still did it!!! Pioneer doesnt know what do do as of yet, the handfull of people that actually have this problem are trying ferrite chokes on the hid wiring, which i tried today and still failed. Gonna try putting a choke on the outputs of the hids and see what happens. Will keep posted about this as this may become a very widespread problem.