AVIC411.com

Pioneer GEX-P920XM and Ipod2car

I've got these 2 devices daisy chained together, with the Ipod2car(gen2) IP bus cable going to the "in" port on the XM. I then have the XM hooked directly to the D2. I can hear all my XM channels, and I don't have an Ipod yet (santa hasn't brought it yet) but something isn't working right, hence the writting of this thread...

When I select XM as my source I come to the preset page, I've gotten different pages each time with a note scrolling across the screen saying Ipod not connected, or I'll actually have full XM features. Then I've only seen the XM detailed information "box" with channel logo's twice. If I get the Ipod not connected it seems like there is a loose wire or something bc there are several things changing almost continually. The only thing I can think of right off hand is when I installed this system I didn't read the part that said to reset the GEX-P920 prior to installing. I wonder if that could be my problem and if so can I just simply hit the reset button now?

I'm planning on that this weekend as I still have a few things to finish up on my install. I work at night so I don't have much time to work on it during the week. For right now I've unplugged the IP bus cable coming from the Ipod2car and everything is working fine. A friend is going to bring his ipod to work tonight so I can hook it up and see if that makes any difference.

I know, I know it clearly states that the periphial Ipod2car will not work if using satellite radio, but I guess I put to much confidence in the crutchfield peopel, as I had 2 people from there tell me that it would work in a daisy chain configuration.

Can anyone tell me if I end up sending this Ipod2car back if the Pioneer CD100II will work with my current set up with XM? I only need basic operations from the Ipod.

but I guess I put to much confidence in the crutchfield peopel, as I had 2 people from there tell me that it would work in a daisy chain configuration.

This is my own fault for not researching the ipod interface enough before hand.

Does anyone know if the kenwood music keg would work with the D2?

are you kiddin? first its kenwood, not pioneer. second, why make things so difficult, are you really trying NOT to go the pioneer recommended route? you want an external controlled unit? you want to spend much more money? none of this is really making any sense bro, just get the pioneer piece and be done with it. no need to shop around for a more expensive, less feature, harder to control unit.