AVIC411.com

Android 2.2 Phone Issues

I have a Nexus One with Android 2.2 installed. I guess Android bars BT initiated calls (didn't know this when I bought it if there is a work around please post), but I was expecting to import contacts for easy GPS use. I've not tried USB import. All around BT seems like a 'rip off' feature with Android, all I can do is send audio out on a MP3.

Out of the box, the iPod is the way to go. Was looking to play Pandora and AT&T capped data rates so that was why I went with the Nexus. Wish the head unit had some Android features. I never saw Musicsphere as much of an iPod incentive and now seems to be Vaporware anyway.

Any Android phone users out there with BT hints or work arounds?

I got the contacts to synch from the Nexus One. Looks like the BT-initiated calls from the X920 are working. But, how do we navigate to a "contact" ??? Some of the implementation here is so silly - I see discussion on converting contacts to POI and also with AVIC feeds. WHY??? Can't we just have an option to navigate to the contact rather than just call? Did I miss something? I thought the X920 repaired some of these issues found in older models.