AVIC411.com

AVH-P4100DVD Randomly Shut Off

I jumped in my truck after work yesterday and headed down the road. I had the music turned up pretty good but not really too loud and I was using my ipod interface cable to control the iPod. A few minutes into the drive with remote in hand, I went to change to the next song... then all of a sudden my AVH-P4100DVD shut itself off for no apparent reason. It was completely black, none of the push buttons were lit up, and I could not turn it back on with any of the buttons. At the next stop light, I turned my truck off and then turned it back on and the my P4100 turned back on as if everything were normal. All settings were still there, although my iPod Nano started back at song #1.

I've had my AVH-P4100DVD installed for probably 4-5 months now and this is the first time that this has happened. All of my connections are soldered and shrink wrapped and I tested it out when I got back home by turning the ignition on and off and hitting the dash to see if there are any loose connections. Everything functions normally now. My theory at this point is that my pioneer H/U has some sort of thermal shutdown in the event that internal temps are too high. To make matters worse, this is one of the only big screen Pioneer H/Us that does not have a cooling fan and yesterday was the hottest day that we have had here since I installed it. My only issue with this theory is that I can find no indication that there is a thermal shutdown in this headunit. Is there?

What do you guys think??

Thanks so much,

Wes