AVIC411.com

f900bt fits horrible

hey guys so i recently purchased a f900bt took it to our local stereo shop and the install looked horrible it looks like it does not fit right at all and it slowly pops out? im not sure what the heck they did. so i found this forum and did some research. so to my understanding i am going to need the ADT-VA133 mounting kit to make this think look somewhat decent right? anybody else any pointers on installing this unit in a mkiv?

hey guys so i recently purchased a f900bt took it to our local stereo shop and the install looked horrible it looks like it does not fit right at all and it slowly pops out? im not sure what the heck they did. so i found this forum and did some research. so to my understanding i am going to need the ADT-VA133 mounting kit to make this think look somewhat decent right? anybody else any pointers on installing this unit in a mkiv?

Your problems are with the local stereo shop. I would take it back to them and get them to do a proper job using the right mounting kit.

There is more to a proper install then just the Pioneer side of the kit, the Pioneer kit shown in the basics to get it into a vehicle with a double DIN space with no existing unit.

You may also need a vehicle specific kit to install it seamlessly on your vehicle, and the installer should not only know this, but should have used one.

There's no reason a properly installed unit would move or look poor in a vehicle.

Are you really putting it in a mid-70's Lincoln or is that a typo?

no not in a mid 70's lincoln lol..im putting it in a 2004 vw gti. i really do not want to take it back to this shop due to the fact that they should have dont it right the first time and i do not trust them doing it right the second time at all. the wiring is fine everything works well just fitment is funny. so i was going to remove it myself and reinstall it with the VA-133 kit just wondering if any other VW guys used this kit to install theirs.

I'm still saying that the Pioneer kit is only HALF the assembly in most cases, you may need the full METRA or equivalent installation kit to get it installed correctly. I tell you.. mkiv and saw Mark IV and that was it, the braincells stopped processing there! (I'm old...)