AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z110BT iPhone 3G won't update contact list through BT

Greetings all,

When my iPhone 3G (iOS 4.0.1) is connected through bluetooth, my phone contacts list on the Z110BT wont refresh with any new phone contacts that I've added to my iPhone.

I do get the typical 'synch' interface when I open up my contacts list on the hu, but it doesn't update to my current list on my iPhone, although the iPhone is connected and I can dial out and receive calls through BT. And I'm not sure how to use the 'Contacts Transfer' screen in conjunction with my iPhone to do the update (if that indeed is the way to do it); I follow the page 87 instructions, but I'm stumped as to how to transfer the contact from my iPhone.

I know there was another thread on this from last year but there was no resolution to it.

Has anyone any experience with this that can give me some input?

And I'm not sure how to use the 'Contacts Transfer' screen in conjunction with my iPhone to do the update (if that indeed is the way to do it)

Just hit the contact transfer button on the screen and follow the on screen directions.

I know there was another thread on this from last year but there was no resolution to it.

There has never been an issue with transferring contacts with an iPhone that I am aware of.

And I'm not sure how to use the 'Contacts Transfer' screen in conjunction with my iPhone to do the update (if that indeed is the way to do it)

Just hit the contact transfer button on the screen and follow the on screen directions.

There has never been an issue with transferring contacts with an iPhone that I am aware of.

The onscreen instructions say "Send Business Card by operating mobile phone". My question would be 'what do they mean "operate"? I open up the contact list entry on my iPhone, nothing happens on the display on the Z110BT. I try calling the number for that contact in the contact list from my iPhone, nothing happens on the Z110BT.

But you also say that no issues have been noticed with the contact list synching to the hu from the iPhone; is this a situation where I could reset the unit to factory settings and it should reload?

The onscreen instructions say "Send Business Card by operating mobile phone".

And what does it say on the screen after that?

Nothing. Theres just a 'Cancel' button underneath. But if there's an action I could take on my iPhone to send the contact to the hu I don't know what it is.

When speaking of what I think the normal synch is supposed to do, I look at my contacts from the menu on the hu after the iPhone connects and the synch progress meter looks like it's working, but it doesn't update the contacts in the hu.

Same problem here!!!! I called both Pioneer and Apple, Pioneer says it is a glitch in the iphone OS --- I did a downgrade back to ios 3.1.3 and it works again. I was told: tell your iphone to forget the pioneer in the bluetooth settings --power cycle the phone. Then when the head unit boots up hold down the mode and left arrow at same time until it prompts you for "user interface clear" or something like that. Reset the HU like that then re pair phone and hu and it should work. NOTE you will lose all of your sound settings on HU... I have not tried it but that's what Pioneer told me

Good luck. I am leaving my phone "downgraded"

• 2 weeks later...

I upgraded the firmware to Z120BT edition, as well as updating the BT to 3.11. I had difficulty pairing the iPhone with the HU until I removed the pairing from both the HU and the iPhone and repaired. When I went back into the contacts list it loaded all current contacts correctly from my 3G iOS 4.0.1.

Yea I think the problem is when you upgrade to iOS4, the unit still trying to use the phone at iOS3 and that s causing problems. If you upgrade your phone to iOS4, you must reset your unit in order to delete the iOS3 paired phone and re-pair.