AVIC411.com

New F500bt user Hello and help

Hi everyone

Ive just got my F500 EU version, ive been reading some many things about firmware updates/Hacks and so on but they all look to be for other units.

My Mind has now become boggled and require some help from other F500 users.

My Main question is where on earth do i start upgrading this thing?

How do i backup the unit before i start messing around and are there any 2010 map updates for UK i can install?

Thank you if anyone can point me in the right direction other than just saying use the search option which ive been doing.....

1) look for and download "Testmode" to SD card - reboot your system and let is come up with Windows interface. Now you can copy files to SD card and make backups of everything on your system

2) download mods, firmware and maps from locations indicated on this forum and copy them from SD card to appropriate folders on the navi.

3) 2010 EU maps are out and i think are called CNSD-250FM

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products/25 ... index.html

Read the hacks/mods section until you understand all of the steps. It took me a day to figure out how to do what i needed to do, but after all it worked out.

Since many have different ideas on what to do with their systems, the steps will differ...so it's hard to give you a step by step instruction set.