AVIC411.com

XM antenna cover

I have been struggling with what to do with my XM antenna wire. I would prefer to install inside but if outside will give the best reception, how is this item as a faux cover? I can paint the small piece of ant that will be revealed to match the car. What do you all think? Since it is plastic, there should be not interference issues.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WHITE-EU ... enameZWDVW

That piece would probably work fine. There are others too. Paint it.

BUT - Why dont you try mounting inside and see what kind of reception you get. I mounted mine on the front of my dash under the windshield and I have excellent coverage. I even get signal inside my concrete garage, go figure!

I have been struggling with what to do with my XM antenna wire. I would prefer to install inside but if outside will give the best reception, how is this item as a faux cover? I can paint the small piece of ant that will be revealed to match the car. What do you all think? Since it is plastic, there should be not interference issues.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WHITE-EU ... enameZWDVW

um, when mounting on the inside of the car, I always suggest mounting under say plastic dash piece which is in essence what that plastic piece your showing is. soooooo, you are basically doing the same thing only by puttin it outside involves more work.