AVIC411.com

Do the Upgrade Discs have better Map Displays

The maps are updated with every new release. Plus there are firmware updates from 80MT to 90MT. A Example being faster boot time and XM radio Icons that work.. the NEW 100MT that just about to be shipped from pioneer has both again Map and firmware updates . What they are exactly I do not know at this time.....

post-37563-12872762931084_thumb.jpeg

how do you know their is also a firmware update if the page only say map upgrade on their website?

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... 100MT.Shop

I am not speaking for the guy, but the last line of his quote was "

What they are exactly I do not know at this time", so we will have to see after he gets the discs in his hands.

regardless if its just a map upgrade or both, i will be upgrading.

First time on the forums.

I've had my Avic D1 in my '95 Volvo 850 for about 4 years now... I LOVE IT!

I have never updated the maps or firmware or done really anything to it.... now i'd like to update the maps.

I see that I can torrent the maps and burn them to discs... a couple questions for you guys...

1. Can I go straight from my 2006 disc to the 2010 disc? (Do I need to go up year by year to ensure i'm updating the firmware correctly?)

2. I see that the maps are in sets of 2 (east and west)... I assume you burn both discs to 1 dual-layer DVD... are these easy to find? What kind of discs (brand, size, etc) do you recommend?

3. Is it possible to put in a custom loading screen or background into the D1?

Thanks guys!

you can go straight from 2006 discs to 2010 with no problems.

You burn east to one disc and west to another...the file sizes for the iso is almost 7.8 gigs which is a full dual layer dvd.

i used memorex discs and got 5 coasters in a row, switched to vertbatim and it worked flawlessly the first time.

Do you need a special burner for DL discs? I got some dual layer and put one in my DVD burning drive and the "loading light" just lights up and then doesn't do anything. It never "loads" the disc and will eventually lock up my computer. But with a normal dvd it's fine.

So maybe my DVD burner doesn't have the capability to burn DL?

Do you need a special burner for DL discs? I got some dual layer and put one in my DVD burning drive and the "loading light" just lights up and then doesn't do anything. It never "loads" the disc and will eventually lock up my computer. But with a normal dvd it's fine.

sounds like your drive is not capable of DL DVD burning

sounds like your drive is not capable of DL DVD burning