Have A2DP interrupt current source?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kbosscawen

kbosscawen
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 12:24 PM

I'd like to have the ability to do something, but am starting to question whether it's even possible. I would like to have my phone set up via A2DP to my car stereo (currently an X710BT, but I tested with other models, include the Z series, and can't get it to work), and have it interrupt whatever the current audio source is if something comes in over the phone (eg, texts, emails, notifications). In other words, I'm listening to FM, and I receive a text or an email, I'd like the phone to be able to interrupt the FM, read the text/email (via an app on the phone, which I currently have), then return to FM.

Anyone know of anything on the market,any mods/hacks that would allow this? ...or I am I just ahead of my time? ;)

#2 1loudls

1loudls

Install Expert

• Members
  • 2239 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor MI, USA

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:40 PM

as far as i know it will only interrupt for a phone call, maybe somebody else will have a better answer

MECP Advanced AutoTech
2003 Lincoln LS V8
AVH-X3500BHS                 AVIC-F900BT (retired)
Alpine Type R components (x2) powered by Kicker SX600.2 (x2)
Kicker 15" L7 (x2) powered by a Kicker SX1250.1
Springfield XDm

#3 VBLUE42

VBLUE42

Established Member

• Moderators
  • 8798 posts
  • LocationMS

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:18 PM

You might want to let us know which phone and unit you have.

2010 SCION TC, iPhone 5, SPH-DA100 APPRADIO 2, APPRADIO EXTENSIONS, ROCKFORD FOSGATE 3SIXTY.2 PROCESSOR, POLK DXI 6500 COMPONENTS IN FRONT, JL AUDIO SEALED POWER WEDGE 12" SUB, SMITH & WESSON.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users