AVIC411.com

Overhead Factory DVD player w/z110

I've got a 2005 GMC Yukon XL that came with an overhead panasonic DVD player. I have a Z110 unit installed in the truck (bypassed) and all is working well, but unfortunately i'm not able to get any sound to my car speakers coming out of the overhead dvd player. The installer told me that there isn't a way for the overhead dvd player to work through the car sound system. There must be a way some how for this to work and wanted to reach out to all of you and see if any of you have encountered this or know of some way to get this work. Maybe there's an adapter that can be used? I do have 3 rca plugs that are on the overhead dvd player but those are inputs, not outputs.

thanks

• 2 months later...

In doing a bit more research on this issue, there is an adapter that will allow this to work. its made by PAC - model # is GMRVD.

However - the catch is that this will only work on 2007,2008,2009,1010 Tahoe's, Yukons, Escalades, etc. It won't work on older model trucks.

Very disappointing. maybe they will come out with such an adapter.

hi again, i looked up your truck today. as long as the overhead unit is still working you can find the wires you need at the original radio plugs. all you will need is an rca cable cut in half. left and right. at the radio harness you will findin a 12 pin connector position j brown/ white =left audio signal + position k black/ white = audio common position h dark green/white =right audio signal + in position c of this plug there will be an unsulated drain wire for verification of plug. take the cut off rca twist the shields together and connect to the common then hook up the white to brown/white and the red to dark green/ white. plug rcas into z110 input rcas and you are good . jim

By doing this, will this allow me to hear the audio from the overhead dvd player or do i need to put the dvd into the avic z110 unit and then the video will get displayed on both the pioneer and the overhead dvd player?

would you happen to have a diagram of what you found or a web link to what you u were able to find?