AVIC411.com

Installer in Tampa Bay area

Does anyone know an experienced installer for the AVIC-Z1 in the Tampa Bay area.

I have a 2006 Mazda Miata with the AVIC-Z1, Sirrius, iPod and backup camera. I had it installed at Circuit City in Vermont a few months ago and I've had consistent problems with the navigation system. The directional arrow keeps drifting off course - eventually shows that the car is heading backwards. As this happens, the navigation functions gradually go beserk, trying to get you back on course.

I'm in the Tampa Bay area for several months and I've taken it back to Circuit City here twice with no resolution. They open up the dash, do stuff, say it seems OK now and then a day later, it starts to drift again.

In the hardware and 3D orientation screens, the speed pulse is incrementing - but slowly. It is still in learning mode - has been since I got it. Ocassionally, I've seen an "Excessive Vibration" message but it never lasts for long. GPS signal appears strong.

I love the unit and everything works great except the above. When I reset the position and direction, the navigation system works great also. I just want it to work consistently.

I'm giving up on Circuit City and I'm willing to pay a new installer who knows what he's doing with the AVIC-Z1 to correct their installation. Any suggestions.