AVIC411.com

Album art disappeared...

Have F900BT (straight stock, no mods), fw 3.0, iPod 6G 160 with latest fw. Other than aggravating crappy screen and control response, everything has worked ok until now. Album art was fine (occasional art missing from tag, but easily fixed in iTunes).

Started using MediaMonkey (latest version, Win7 64-bit) to manage mp3 library instead of iTunes (latest version). All album art 'should' be embedded in ID3 tags; spent hours cleaning up artist and art tags. Plugged in iPod this morning to update VR catalogue, and noticed I have NO album art on any tracks that have played.

[Edit] All art displays properly on iPod and in MM).[/edit]

I plan to post this in MM forum, too, but I thought maybe one of the guru's here may have answer.

I did search and didn't find anything on it.

Thanks in advance,

JimB

iTunes does not always do the embedded art, it frequently stores it separately in an artwork folder, that's why MediaMonkey isn't handling it right.

When you sync with iTunes it makes sure the art comes along for the ride, embedded or not, apparently not so with the version of MediaMonkey you're using. (it could be an option, i don't use MM)

Sorry if I was a bit confusing. iTunes, iPod, MM and Windoze Media Player all display the art correctly. I am not using iTunes to manage my mp3's anymore. I actually used MM to sync the cleaned up library to my iPod. All artwork continues to display as expected on the iPod and everywhere else, except the F900.

When I sync'ed the iPod to the F900BT this morning, I noticed that it took about 1/4 to 1/2 the time it used to take...hmmmmm. Syncs quicker, art gone(?) ... connection? I tried updating VR several times just to see if it made a difference - nope.

Ideas?

My comment doesn't change, it sounds like MediaMonkey is not properly handling the non-embedded artwork correctly in the sync. Remember there are multiple copies of the art, and different ipod families handle it differently, such as iphones with iOS3 displaying the poorer quality option.

Have you gone back to syncing with iTunes to see if it resolves the issue?

Thanks for the response. I understand your suggestion, and I agree it would most likely work that way, but at this time, I would not care to go back to iTunes. I would like to find out if using MM to handle my library and iPod is at all compatible with the F900BT. It's entirely possible that Pioneer will require me to use only the iTunes utility to sync the iPod, and if so, I will just nod politely and fade to black, the F900 will go with my truck when I sell it, and I will try for a head unit that's more open standards based in future.

I hope it's just a setting I don't know about in MM or the F900, but I'm beginning to think I'm s.o.l.

Thanks again.

jb

• 4 months later...

All album art 'should' be embedded in ID3 tags; spent hours cleaning up artist and art tags.

JimB

iTunes downloaded album art keeps it in a separate place both on the computer and idevices. you would need to embed everything manually then it will go anyplace the files go.