AVIC411.com

back up cameras

Any back up cam will work. The cheap ones on eBay are garbage and often stop working within a few months. The Pioneer cameras are way over priced. A good middle of the road are the series of BOYO CCD cameras. You can get them for about 100 bucks.

any camera with an RCA out will do. I bought one from Yan Labs (Now Rocky Americas). Here's there website http://www.rockyamericas.com/usa/hotDeals.html with some choices. Depends on how great you need the picture to be as to how much you'll have to spend, but the Pioneer versions are definitely more expensive.

which model did you end up with? any pics installed? I have a few ideas as far as mounting depending on the camera i choose.

I had bought CW134076C Vehicle Rear View Camera in March 2008. I don't think that model is available anymore, but I have had ZERO trouble with that camera in my daily driver. They guy who owns the company (Long Yu) was great to work with. Found him on ebay, and asked him if he would match a lower price he had offered a few weeks prior on a different auction for the same camera. He said no problem. Really nice guy.

My install is reposted starting with post #39 HERE (in case you're interested) - The camera details are near the bottom part of post #40.

I had bought CW134076C Vehicle Rear View Camera in March 2008. I don't think that model is available anymore, but I have had ZERO trouble with that camera in my daily driver. They guy who owns the company (Long Yu) was great to work with. Found him on ebay, and asked him if he would match a lower price he had offered a few weeks prior on a different auction for the same camera. He said no problem. Really nice guy.

My install is reposted starting with post #39 HERE (in case you're interested) - The camera details are near the bottom part of post #40.

Thanks for the input. Unfortunately i dont have a key hole on trunk and do not want to drill a hole for a camera.

Also because of the way the trunk is set up right above the license plate is the latch to pull to open the trunk. So im either stuck using the camera type that goes across the top of the license plate or use one that fits under there and can be mounted to the side a little. Ill try and snap a pic in a few mins.

The boyo license plate cam sounds like the best quality for a good price. I ended up going with the pioneer ND-BC4. Yeah, they cost alot but I was able to get a decent deal on one through Amazon. As of late they are giving decent deals on Pioneer stuff... plus additional discounts. I think I got mine for about $130.00. I'm definitely very satisfied with the build and performance of the Pioneer backup camera.

One big reason I went with it is because my 4runner already had a cut out location where the factory backup camera would go, so I used that. The other reason is because the boyo would have put my camera right in the center of the back of my 4runner. That isn't ideal for me because I have a receiver hitch... so If I have my bike rack or something that sits high in my trailer hitch then it would directly block my camera. So I think that's why 4runner (and probably some other SUV) put the camera off center. Here's my install thread.

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=33841

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the one I installed on my 2007 Expedition. Nice factory look, and it has the distance guard lines to guide you.

It's made in china, usually known as crap, and to stop working after a short period of time. But I've had it for a year now, and no glitch, haven't stopped working yet.

Karleader CL-20286A

Rear-View-Camera-CL-20286A-.jpg