AVIC411.com

New Z120BT on the way

Hello All

I just ordered a Z120BT from Al-Eds.com last week, and I looking forward to installing it in my 05 F-250 Lariat Crew. I plan on adding a Boyo back up cam, the HD FM Pioneer ad on, and I really need a great blue tooth phone link, as I TRAVEL ALOT AND GET MANY BUSINESS CALLS. If there is a smart phone that works better with the system that is ATT then I would like to know what it is. At this time I am considering the I phone 4, or the Blackberry Torch. If anyone has used these and has some experence I would like to know what you think. I also plan on adding the steering wheel control (PAC SWI-PS), any one have one and how does it work?

The other upgrade I would like is a HD TV tuner or some TV Option other than kiddy channels that sirus offer. Any Suggestions?

I'm a big fan of the iPhone and the main reason I went with the Z120BT is its integration with iPhones/iPods is second to none. You really can utilize alot of what the iPhone has to offer as far as media. The bluetooth integration is very easy and call quality is great. I use it ALL the time when driving. The iPhone pops up buttons to easily allow you to switch between handset and head unit whenever you need to.

I too have installed the PAC switch. Luckily I had to use a PAC TATO (integrates my factory amp to the head unit) along with the PAC SWI. The best thing about this is the PAC TATO comes with the connector you'll need to integrate the PAC SWI with the head unit. Without it you will have to follow these directions and tailor your SWI to your vehicle. Not an impossible task but definitely something I was glad I didn't have to do. Have a look at this site. It details the PS switch. It will even walk you through your vehicle setup if you select your vehicle. http://www.pac-audio.com/swixprogramming/swixprogramming.asp

Let me know if you have any other questions.

I finshed installing mine last night, added the HD Radio tuner, a Boyo back-up cam, and PAC steering wheel remote. Everything except the steer wheel controler seems to working great. I would guess it's just a programing error, and will work on it tonight.

This is a really great unit, but the learning curve will take awhile.