AVIC411.com

F700 ALL OF TENNESSEE MAP DATA CENTRAL ZONE!

Okay, I am new to the AVIC world, I just got an F700 off e-bay for a good price, it looks brand new! The first thing I did was update from 2.06 to the 3.01 update all in one here, no mods other than what was included in the 3.01 (which is Speedcam & POI I believe). I took my first long trip today and traveled from Asheville NC to Knoxville TN. The time zone in TN is still eastern and doesn't switch to Central for about 50 miles West of Knoxville. Anyway, I thought the arrival time seemed "off" and as I got closer i realized it was. My current time is set to Eastern, GMT-5. Once I was 60 miles out, my current time showed 3:00 but arrival time was like 2:50. It seems as if it is thinking that where I was going was Central time and subtracting in hour when in fact this is not the case. I just tried navigating there from home now and I am 137 miles and it says current time 9:22 and arriveal time 10:40. It's still doing it. Other routes are working that go south say to FL it shows the correct estimate, also routes east of me are fine. I searched and found a post about Oregon Time Bug fix, but it didn't explain what the "bug" is.

Well, I explained it as best I could. It's a mistake in the database. In the case of TN, it says there is one time zone, central. I've read that people have told Pioneer about these problems but I guess they're not too interested in fixing it. I think newer units use different software so maybe they don't have this problem. Just don't go to eastern Tennessee and everything will be fine.

Okay, thanks, interesting! The fix I noticed for the post regarding Oregon involved using a Hex Editor to change some values, not sure if the same would apply here. I can live with it, I will just change it from Arrival time to time remaining, that should help for these trips.

Thanks for the reply!