AVIC411.com

2010 Tacoma VSS Location

do not use the "T-taps", strip the wire back, wrap the new wire around and then solder it and tape it up.

also DirecTechs list the VSS wire as purple/white @ the dash fuse box, black 13 pin plug (E), pin 5

On vehicles without amplifier, also found at the radio, white 20 pin plug, pin 3.

on vehicles with the amplifier, also found at the amplifier, white 24 pin plug, pin 11.

if equipped, the amplifier is on the right rear cabin wall.

I found that pin but since, from what I read, the VSS is not essential unless your in a tunnel or something like that can I just solder on a D-Sub connector to my HU wire and insert that into the #5 pin so I do not have to splice the factory wire for this? I know it may not be the most reliable but it should work. I did something similar to this to integrate my factory camera into this headunit.

Thanks again for all the help

VSS is not necessary, but it does make it more accurate, as long as you dont do any thing to compromise the connection to the vehicle you should be fine, this is why i said to not use the T-taps that come in the box as they partially cut through the wire that they tap into.