AVIC411.com

What rear display to buy 920? Other necessities?

Hey guys,

Just received a 920bt, and the ipod cable. I'll get it installed by a pro somewhere here in Toronto, but figure I'll need a proper harness so will order that from Crutchfield. Seems like most board members prefer the Boyo rear view cameras, and I can get that here for $99, which seems like a fair price (in Canadian $). Now, I'm pondering rear display options for the unit. I'm thinking a flip down central screen would work well for my 2 kids. It's going in a 2004 CRV. Although depending on the price maybe I'd be better off buying a seperate DVD included flip down LCD, thereby giving myself dual zones which I hadn't fully thought about before buying this on sale from Amazon.

Any thoughts / suggestions from those that have researched and our bought rear monitors? The only thread I could find vaguely mentioned some head rest monitors but not the brand or pricing...

if you do decide to go with a flip down, i would definitely go with one that has its own DVD player, then you would have a true dual zone system that can be interfaced with each other, the DVD from the rear could be played on the front screen, and any video source can be played from the front unit on to the back screen.

if you have a sunroof then a flip down might be a little difficult, as some most shops wont try it.

you could also go with a replacement headrest type of system like myron davis, then you would have two screens in the headrest (you actually get new headrest that have the monitors built in instead of having the headrest from the car cut into) and then you could have something different on each screen with a little help from the avic.