AVIC411.com

Bluetooth Audio (phone) extremely loud on X7115BT

This is a dealer installed unit - AVIC-X7115BT. The system seems to be fine EXCEPT for the Bluetooth Phone Audio. I have reduced the initial settings to the minimum (next setting down is MUTE) but when any call is made or received the volume of the called/caller is so loud it hurts; I can make it louder (HA!) but not softer. It doesn't matter who's calling or from what phone, it's loud with either my wife's iPhone 4 or my iPhone 3G connected and both of those have the Bluetooth volume set as low as you can although I do not believe that is a factor as I have have elevated that during a test call with no effect.

So, does anyone know how to set the Bluetooth volume range to start lower? If I hack the system, is there an INI file or basic system control that can be reached which is not available from the unit's interface?

Thank you for any help.

• 4 months later...

I have not been able to find a setting for it either.

exact same problem.

I had a couple GM vehicles previous that had a onstar adapter installed .. it had a separate module added on that handled the output to the speaker for it.

Ive not dug into the avic yet .. nor the console on this one .. possible something like that similar.. if i find something ill post.

Does WIN CE have gain control hiding out somewhere?