AVIC411.com

Need some quick help installing Z1 in 01 Maxima

Hi guys. So I just realized that my installer did not connect a my speed wire I guess, to the navi because when I go into a tunnel the marker stop moving and resumes again when I get out.

Could you guys tell me which wire I need to splice into in my car what it looks like and where it can be found? Also what does the wire look like coming out of the Z1? Thanks.

It's a pink wire from the z1. Why not make the person who put it in orginally fix it. You paid to have it installed right? at any rate here''s the info you need.

2001 Nissan Maxima

Speed Sense pink/blue instrument cluster

Notes: Located on the rear of the instrument cluster in the 20 pin brown plug. Do not start the car with the cluster unplugged. Can also find the wire at the ECM.

merry xmas

hi thanks man. I actually spent most of the day trying to get my Z1 flush (long story about the installer. I made a post a while ago about it for those who are interested) so didn't have th etime to do the speed sense wire. Ill do it next time.

I looked at the Z1 though on the back and there was some connectionb for speed guide or something right on the back. Is the speed guide wire what I need? Is it a seperate wire? Or is it one of the wires that is part of the bundle in the "power" series of plugs? Any1 have a pic of the wire on the Z1 that would be great.