AVIC411.com

new owner with problems z120bt

Problem is, so far I have not had ipod audio even with the 1/8".

Something else is wrong. Make sure the AV1 input is set to iPod and that the iPhone headphone output is not defective. You can even set AV1 to VIDEO and just plug the iPhone headphone output into the 1/8" AUDIO in and hit play on the iPhone just to test that it receives audio. If it doesn't you have an issue with one of the two audio connections or a bad cable.

Turns out that gtsdohcvvtli was correct. There was an issue with the "blue wires". After disconnecting all blue wires (i.e. my antenna stays down and there is no factory amp) I now DO have sound from my iPod (with the 1/8" cable). Yay.

Thanks very much gtsdohcvvtli.

I have already ordered the correct cable since I do want video support, but it's good to know there's nothing wrong with my avic.

By the way, it's pretty frustrating that there are two very similar pioneer ipod cables: the CD-IU50V and the CD-IU50. Note the part numbers are identical except for the "V". Originally, I mistakenly ordered the one without the "V". Just mentioning this in the hope it prevents someone else from making the same mistake.