AVIC411.com

iPod/iPhone DASH INPUTS (Factory Look)

Yep rgarjr is right, PAC-Audio iS335 is only a audio cable and not a video. There are 3.5mm jacks with 3 pins and the ones with 4 pins. So when using the Pioneer ipod cable (CD-IU50V) you won't be able to get your videos to work on the Z110BT... you'll hear the sound but no images. I'm working on an alternative. If I complete it successfully, I will post a detail thread of the results. . . it's gonna be some fabrication involved.

post-46145-12872763234617_thumb.gif

post-46145-12872763236644_thumb.gif

Yep rgarjr is right, PAC-Audio iS335 is only a audio cable and not a video. There are 3.5mm jacks with 3 pins and the ones with 4 pins. So when using the Pioneer ipod cable (CD-IU50V) you won't be able to get your videos to work on the Z110BT... you'll hear the sound but no images. I'm working on an alternative. If I complete it successfully, I will post a detail thread of the results. . . it's gonna be some fabrication involved.

Dudes, it's just a 4-pin panel mount 3.5mm jack, there is absolutely nothing special about it, scour a few electronics supply catalogs, I'm sure you can dig one up. Then a few soldered connections, and you're off to the races.

TxFrdOwner,

Just curious, did you produce that nice diagram showing the NAV unit and the cabling, or was that from PAC-Audio?

NIce job if you did, but if PAC-Audio is marketing this, they really missed the boat (no video).

As far as parts to fabricate the correct adapter, even though 4 connector 3.5 mm male and female plugs/jacks are available (DigiKey would likely have), odds are against just replacing the jack in the PAC-Audio mount. It is probably a molded single piece unit. You would probably end up destroying it.

However, if it looks like the old jack is removable. Digikey does have a 4 conductor 1/8" panel mount jack. Maybe this one - http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSea ... 43502PM-ND

Then I'd just make a dongle by sacrificing an old 1/8" A/V cable (I've got a few in my junk drawer), to get the 4-conductor plug and cable to solder to the back of the plug.

@ RonS, Yeah I did some copying and pasting and a little bit of creation myself to put the diagram together.

Thanks for the idea, ... it got me searching the net and found something that might actually do the trick. I found a 3.5mm snap-in jack from CALRAD (Part No: 30-712). I'll have to do a little bit of soldering but this looks promising. But before I start soldering I'll have to figure out the pinout for Pioneer's plug i.e. 1)Ground, 2)Audio Left, 3)Audio Right, 4)Video or 2314 or 2341, etc...

30-712.JPG

So what do you think about it ?

an easier way to do this (the AV plug not the usb) is to just drill a hole the exact same size as the pioneer mini connector, insert the connector from the rear of the panel and then place a dot of hot glue to hold the aux connector right in place flush with the panel, and use a liberal amount of epoxy on the back to permanently hold the connector in place. now you have a factory looking connector which will deliver video to the units

BTW thanks for the model # for the USB connector, we've been looking around for a while to find some for our shop