AVIC411.com

I have an AVH-P4200DVD installed with the pioneer IU-200V video cable. I get album art and sound just fine out of my ipod Touch but when I try to play a video off of it all I get is audio and a black screen. Since the album art pops up and there are no noise issues I don't think the cable is bad and I pulled the head unit out to double check I have the 3.5mm plugged into the aux in. I am at a loss as to what to do next. I do kind of remember a video setup when I first installed the unit before I had the IU-200V cable installed where you could choose the source of videos, but I can't seem to find that menu again. It might make a difference to say I have the relay style bypass set up as well. Any help would be much appreciated.

I should have mentioned the other video works fine with the bypass. Unless the iPod video playback is effected differently than the other video or if the bypass interferes with the av menu popping up like it does with the screen adjustment. I bought the cable from ebay but it was a genuine Pioneer cable, in the original packaging. If the cable was bad wouldn't the album art not show up as well, not just the video playback from the iPod?

Someone else mentioned assigning the aux input to the Ipod source and I kind of remember doing that when I first installed the head unit but I can't get it to get back to that menu

There is no way to know if you have an authentic Pioneer cable by buying it on eBay regardless of what packaging its in. Your problem is certainly the cable for one reason or another if the DVD playback works with the bypass. Go to Best Buy and purchase a cable you know is the real deal. If it works then you will know that you have been had with the eBay cable.

check the video out settings in the Ipods menu, it need to be turned on before the Ipod will even send a video signal out to the cable.

make sure that it is turned ON and not set to "ask every time"

also make sure that the video signal is set to NTSC (if you have a US model)

• 1 month later...

There is no way to know if you have an authentic Pioneer cable by buying it on eBay regardless of what packaging its in. Your problem is certainly the cable for one reason or another if the DVD playback works with the bypass. Go to Best Buy and purchase a cable you know is the real deal. If it works then you will know that you have been had with the eBay cable.

You Get what you pay for.....

check the video out settings in the Ipods menu, it need to be turned on before the Ipod will even send a video signal out to the cable.

make sure that it is turned ON and not set to "ask every time"

also make sure that the video signal is set to NTSC (if you have a US model)

Do this as well as it will rule out other issues.