AVIC411.com

x920bt Backup Camera Issues

I have the x920bt and the Audiovox ACA200W camera and having trouble getting it to work. My HU works great and I did a dry run with the camera before mounting by just running through VID1 input; worked fine. So, the camera is connected through the reverse lights for power, and video cable running to brown backup cam input on HU, then reverse wire from HU to the reverse wire circuit on vehicle. And I tested the reverse wire which is at 2 volts constant and 13.4 volts in reverse. But, nothing happens when I put the car in reverse. Camera setting is on and set to battery.

With all this in mind, does anyone have any ideas what I could be overlooking?

Thanks

I am not sure what the problem is but if you are powering the camera off of the reverse lights there is no need for the reverse wire. That is also not the proper way to wire the camera and although it will give you reverse view it wont give you rear view.

the reverse wire might not have enough current to power up a light bulb, the camera, and still trigger the unit.

find a different source of power from the camera, and then try it

wouldn't you still have to have the reverse wire hooked up so that the AVIC would know when the car is in reverse and know when to switch video sources?

• 3 months later...

I gotta say Im stumped as well. I have the same equipment as Steven audiovox 200w and 920bt. They must not like each other. I can switch the rca feed from the camera to AV2 and can see whats going on in the rear, but I cant get the rearview to trigger on while having the camera plugged into the rearview input. I switch the camera polarity to gnd and it works when I throw it into reverse however its stuck in reverse camera mode...HELP!