AVIC411.com

X920BT & iOS 4.1 - do you now have bluetooth track skipping

So the new iPhone OS 4.1 update is supposed to have full Bluetooth AVRCP Support, which apparently should allow you to skip songs and even view the playing songs info on the X920BT when you're doing bluetooth audio streaming. I updated my iPhone and it's just as before. I just get a play and pause button on the screen.

Now since the X920BT doesn't let you remove bluetooth devices without resetting the whole head unit, I haven't tried repairing it. Maybe that would do it. Does anyone have this working?

No, I don't either. I have done a lot of research on this. In the manual the X920BT says it supports AVRCP 1.3.

1.3 includes play and stop, next and last, and Meta data.

So I need to do 2 things.

1. See if 4.1 really did implement it. Did not read any confirmations yet.

2. Call Pioneer and see what they say. It clearly states 1.3 in the manual. Maybe it is only 1.0

On page 130 the manual says it supports meta data (no album art though) but does not mention Next Track or Previous Track.

So at this point I don't know if it is the unit the iphone or both. I will let you know what I find out if anything.

Just a quick update. After searching for about an hour, looks like it is an iphone 4.1 problem. Apple is not saying what features/version they implemented. I am following the following post in the Apple forums. I am going to log an issue with Apple. The more they get the more likely it will get fixed.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2576854&tstart=0

Another update. After doing a RESET (Power+Home buttons) on my iphone I am able to use Next Track, Previous Track, and the Start and Stop buttons. Keep in mind there are no new buttons on the screen, you use the hard buttons on the left side of the unit.

Also, so far it appears ios 4.1 does not support meta data. So none of the meta data shows up, but still need to find confirmation on that.