AVIC411.com

New Firmware Update, No more VR??????Help!!

So I ran the firmware update and everything went as planned. The VR worked perfect as usual until I left my screen on music and allowed my phone to connect before pressing OK on the map screen. I've read the sticky and immediatly tried redoing it in the correct order, (power off in map screen, power on, hit "o.k.", VR updated, then bluetooth connected) however, I can't get the VR function back!! I really miss it! It seemps to take the same amount of time to update the VR as usual but it won't understand. The base functions like "Change Source To...", and "Cancel" still work but none of my ipod music library work.

Please, if I have overlooked something please let me know.

O.k. After the overwhelming response I got from this thread I did some more research on avic411 and found someone with an old firmware that had the same problem as I. They changed thier ipods songs by adding and removing some causing the 920BT to have to do a full new VR scan. I tried this by adding a song and running the VR 920 again with no success on my own.

After reading the post here at avic411 I deleted a few albums and added a few others. I also plugged my wifes Ipod in and let it run a VR scan. IT WORKED!! with her ipod. After I plugged mine back in, IT WORKED!!! The only thing I can think may of happened was my installation has a quirk about it. When I turn the key on to the accessory position the deck comes on, if I wait and do not start the car immediatlly the deck boots up and starts to do it's thing....

Because of my volkswagen Can Buss system, the accesory wire is feed to my deck from a PAC VW2 module that reads info from the CAN BUS for steering wheel controls. When I start the car from the accessory position the deck gets rebooted. My car is a diesel and sometime requires I wait for the glow plugs to warm up (accesory postion) before I start the car. This time of the year this is not a problem but I think I may have intrupted the VR update process mid way by turning on the accesory position for long enough for the 920 to begin updating the VR. Then I started the car rebooting the 920 before it finished the VR update and possibly corrupting the VR database.

I think the real solution was connecting my wifes Ipod so it would be forced to write a whole new VR database. After that, when I connected mine back, it had to rewrite a whole new VR database for mine only this time it wasn't inturupted. I just wanted to post so others may be able to find this solution should they find themselves with the same problem. Thanks to the posters here at www.AVIC411.com I was able to find this solution despite the original posters not being here to read my thread.