AVIC411.com

OK to update to Pioneer 2.003 Firmware with hack installed?

Hey ShortFuse, do you have any documentation on how you did this crack. I want to get into the HU cracking scene. I am relatively new to the binary cracking/explotation world, however, I am not a super noob. Did my first talk at Black Hat this year for network related stuff, so i hope you dont feel that your efforts in (hopefully) helping me get started in the HU cracking scene would be a waste. What do you think?

I was successful in getting the hacks installed and the firmware. but NOT the free Pioneer 2.0 update. The unit doesn't even attempt to update.

Any ideas?

Yeah, start over and do it again. It works, so if you are having problems, it must be something you are doing wrong. How could we possibly help you with so little information?

This applies to everyone who has had issues doing the update(s) - all three major steps (or 5 if you include the 2 BT updates).

1. Follow the instructions explicitly and completely for each individual update. If something is not absolutely clear to you, ask questions here. Maybe you aren't clear about a step and assumed something wrong. No shame in asking.

2. If a step fails after several attempts, and you followed the instructions correctly, then it must be one of these:

• The files on your SD are not in the correct directory or are nested incorrecly.
  • You modified the files - or applied the hack to the wrong update.
  • Your SD or SD writing procedure is bad - use another SD and start with a clean fresh FAT32 formatted one
  • Your files are bad - download them again and start over with that step.
  • Your HU is bad. Sorry, we can't help you with that.

Plenty of people have been successful. Some of us had to try it a few times to get it to work. The instructions may be vague in some places, so re-read them and try to figure out if it actually could mean something else. For example, I had trouble with v2.003, but I found the problem was the way I extracted the archive created an extra directory level (\AVICZ110\AVICZ110\...). I dragged and dropped the highest level AVICZ110 directory onto my SD. I thought I followed Pioneer's instruction correcly, but that part was a little vague.

I'm writing this because I've seen all these posts just saying it didn't work and asking for help, but giving no information of exactly what they did. So it is impossible to give any specific advice other than what I said above. Good luck.

It would be helpful if those who do have problems, such as the serveral listed above, and manage to resolve it successfully, could post a message describing the symptom and how you fixed it. TIA.