AVIC411.com

a few questions

I own an f90 and am considering upgrading to an x920 or z120. The f90 has a few annoyances and I'm wondering how many the x920 might address...

1. Intermittent album art from iPod. I have full album art on the iPod, but only about a third of it ever shows up on the f90. This is a widely reported issue with the f90. Fixed on the x920?

2. The last f90 update severely crippled the street names on the 3D maps. The default zoom on the smart zoom feature shows no street names. You must zoom way too far in to see any. Both 2D maps are fine, only the 3D map lost the street name detail. Does the x920 provide street name detail in 3D at the default zoom? Can you zoom out reasonably and still see street names?

3. Startup lag. I'm not just talking time to first music, but time until the unit is fully responsive. Even after the delay to get screen and music on the f90, the next several minutes languish in a state with delayed button presses, slow screen loading, horridly slow route searching and the bluetooth is all but useless. Is the x920 similarly slow to respond for a few minutes after boot, or is that fully resolved?

4. Reboot reset. Key to acc, f90 starts to boot. Start the car a few seconds later (before the f90 completes its first boot) and the f90 reboots. I understand why it reboots - no big deal. However, that reboot clears some settings on the f90. For example, the nav time resets to midnight, SD music settings are lost, etc. How does the x920 handle the dual boot?

5. No album art for SD. Sounds like the x920 hasn't added album art either. Correct?

Feedback appreciated.

Can only answer a couple.

1. I have not had any album art issues with songs on the ipod.

3. The lag for start up is about 10 -15 seconds. After that I have not noticed any issues. Blue tooth and Pandora connections can be a little touchy, but all the time, not just at start up.

5. I can confirm no Album art on SD. I was really disappointed on this one.