AVIC411.com

I have the CD-IU50v Pioneer cable (yes its the correct and original video style cable bought from pioneer) hooked up to my ipod touch (gen 1). Playing music is fine, however, the video option is grayed out when selecting ipod from the A/V menu(on the nav) in order to switch from audio to video. (btw, i have a video on my touch that plays on it fine already)

Has anyone gotten an ipod touch video to work with the z120bt? If so how?

I'm starting to think maybe its the same issue that the z1,z2, z3's have, where the only way to get video onto the nav unit is through the AV cables in the back because u need apple's cable :/

I'm starting to think maybe its the same issue that the z1,z2, z3's have, where the only way to get video onto the nav unit is through the AV cables in the back because u need apple's cable :/

Not the case here. All iPods play video just fine through this unit.

I purchased the cable from amazon.

Could it be a function of the way the file was converted to ipod format? My logic was if the video plays on the ipod, it should show on the z120 unit, or at least get me into the video option. Is this not always the case?

Anyone know why the video option would be grayed out?

My logic was if the video plays on the ipod, it should show on the z120 unit.

You are correct in your logic. The cable is the first step in troubleshooting this problem and I am willing to bet it is the problem. These cables are easy to knock off and many sold on Amazon are in fact cheap knockoffs that could cause this problem. Go to Best Buy and buy the roper cable and see if it solves the problem. Then you will know for sure.

Went to Best Buy, bought the $50 dollar CD-IU50V cable, and the exact same thing is happening. The video option when I select ipod on the left hand side of the A/V screen is grayed out and unselectable. Only the audio option is lit up and allowing me to go through my music on the ipod touch.

Is there anyone out there with an ipod touch (gen 1) that has gotten video playback on their z120 (just to confirm that this is definitely 100% possible)? And if so, how did u convert the video to get it onto your touch (maybe my method of using nero is somehow incompatible with the z120, idk, willing to try anything at this point)? Is there anything that needs to be set on the A) touch or B) z120? I simply have the AV input set to ipod on the z120 and there doesn't seem to be any options on the touch.

Any help or suggestions to try would be greatly appreciated at this point. Thanks for your time!

There are plenty of people that have Touches with these units with no problems playing video. If the video plays on the Touch it should play through the dock connector as well unless it iPod is defective. One thing you can try is to do a complete restore and re-sync your content. Also it is best to use iTunes to convert your videos to the proper format for iPod.

Ok reformatted my touch, resynced it, and now it doesn't even connect to my z120 anymore. I get the error, "authorization failed. Ipod is not connected". So i reset my z120 settings to factory and that didn't do anything either. Anyone know why this would be happening now or how to fix it?

Wasted about 5 hours now simply trying to connect an ipod to the z120, one of the only strengths of this unit, and even that doesn't work. Really dissapointed with this system overall up to this point for a number of reasons.

Did you engage the parking brake before selecting a video source?

Also is AV 1 set to ipod in the AV setup menu?

Yes, I think that so many people have done the by-pass that the most obvious solution to the "no video option" has been overlooked. I suspect that the same logic that prevents DVD video playback while the car is not parked would also apply to the iPod. So, try it when you are in park & brake is set.

I had the bypass from day one, so I can't test this theory. Should be in the manual.

Update: I searched through the Z120BT manual PDF. Under the section "Using AV input", there is a caution paragraph that states "To view video images, you must stop in a safe place and apply the parking brake."

Since the ipod connected through AV1, I suspect this also applies to ipods.