AVIC411.com

Sat Radio Static, Then Dies + No Volume Issues

I have the X910BT in an 09 Tacoma. I have a Pac-Audio steering wheel interface and XM radio connection. I have a factory amp that has an adapter / interface to the radio so I can use the factory amp. I have two issues... At random times, I will be listening to XM and suddenly will hear 2 seconds of static, 2 seconds of music, 2 seconds of static, 2 seconds of music... This repeats several times until finally I get nothing (SAT stops working and is silent until I restart the car). Another issue... On rare occassions, when I start the car, I get no volume for any audio source. The volume dial turns up (it shows the numbers as I turn it up / down) but, there is no sound at all, until I restart the car. Rebooting the stereo does not fix it - only restarting the car fixes both issues. Yes, I have the latest firmware and this issue has happened with multiple firmware versions for the X910BT. Any ideas?

with the XM issue, it sounds like there is a problem buffering the signal, so it could either be a problem with ant placement, a ant problem or a defective XM tuner.

first off where is your sat antenna? if it is inside the car, then move it outside before continuing as internally mounted antennas are a big issue a lot of the time.

if you antenna is out side, then you will need to get another antenna to plug in and see if that fixes the problem, if it does then you either had a problem with the antenna itself or something happened to the ant cable during the install.

if a new antenna doesn't fix the problem, then you probably have a defective XM tuner.

the second issue is probably related to the integration module, like it isnt reading or sending the can signals like it should (and it is not turning the amp on), if it was a radio problem then it would be fixed by rebooting the radio, but since you have to cycle the key switch to fix it, it points to either the car or the module and you probably never had this problem before the AVIC (thus making the car itself a very slim possibility)

Good feedback - thanks... My antenna was placed under the dash (behind the glove box) at first and, in an effort to fix this, it was then moved to on top of the dash. It now sits tightly on top of the dash where the windishield meeets the dash, right by the glove box... I should probably try an antenna replacement. The integration module - will look into this...

on the dash is not a good place for the antenna, it really needs to be outside, there are some cases where the antenna will function just fine in certain cars or just in certain areas (usually where there are a lot of terrestrial repeaters) the antenna for GPS will work fine under the dash because there are as many as 8 different sat that it could be receiving info from, with sat radio its two at the most, move your antenna out side onto the roof of the car and see what happens.