AVIC411.com

vss 2002 volvo cross country (v70xc) or (v70)

• 2 years later...

VOLVOs from the 850 onwards (tested, not sure about 7xx and 9xx) have the VSS built into the factory stereo harness. Since the AW gearboxes do have an output signal, it has to go somewhere on the instrument board, board computer or stereo...

I recall putting in a SC-815 premium factory stereo and the function called ASC worked - volume level depending on speed. This was on my '96 850 R (same wire harness all the way till 2002 all models)

I will be going through wiring diagrams in the next 2 days, hopefully I'll find it. +there is always the Trial & Error approach :) which I will do if all fails to connect my F900bt

those who cannot wait, Autodata is the way to go, or Volvo VADIS, or the bunch of VOLVO PDFs with wiring only, all easy to get through torrents, rapidshare, or a good VOLVO fan :-)

vss

need wire color and location

FOUND IT! At least according to ALLDATA 9, it is the thinner YELLOW wire with BLACK STRIPE ending at the RADIO/STEREO smaller plug (10 pin) on PIN 7.

Looking at the connector unplugged with pins facing you and the locking thing on top, you are looking for the bottom row, 3rd pin from the left. No confusion possible.

I hooked up my f900bt to this and will fully test tomorrow or the day after. (it suppsedly makes the MAPping more accurate, hmm, just that?

BTW, you may not have it in your wiring, since not all volvo's were equipped ready for Volvo's Premium Sound system (Weird but true), but that is no disaster, the only difference is the VSS is at your Amplifier and you can either get the whole harness replaced or grab the signal from there.

VSS also goes to the instrument panel for obvious reasons, so it is arround the centre console anyway deeper or closer but PRESENT! :-) good luck.

That same signal is used for for Volvo's ASC function (volume changing acc.to speed), I'm repeating myself here...

If you cannot find it, post your model and year, US or EU model Volvo, I'll look it up. I'm planning to get a XC70 or V70 soon anyway :-)

hope the picture I merged out of two will come through...[attachment=0]VOLVO 850 96 to V70 '02 VSS location.JPG[/attachment]