AVIC411.com

XM Nav Traffic? Which unit to get?

My Avic N3 has been slowly dying, I already repaired it once but the touch screen is dying and I'm prepared to replace it at this point. I don't have $2K to spend on a unit this time around, so I was thinking of the x920B. Especially since it's impossible to navigate to the over 6000 songs I have with its interface so the x920B is looking pretty good. The only issue I see is that the unit is designed around MSN Nav Traffic which we all know is going away. I already have the XM Nav Traffic module from my N3, is there any way to use it on the 920B?

If not, is there a unit which utilizes XM Nav Traffic but also has the improved ipod navigation that the 920B has? I also like the fact that it has a touch sensitive screen and not the type the N3 has that you have to press hard.

Also, does anyone know if the x920B uses the same connectors for power/speakers as the N3?

-Keith

None of the currant units use NavTraffic. You can use the tuner you have with the X but for music only. The best option for you is to probably source out an N5. It will have full iPod control but will not have the same interface as the newer units. And the harnesses for the N3 likely wont be transferable to any of the newer units.