AVIC411.com

instalation problem p

I'm installing an AVHP4200 in a chrysler 300....the installation went well except the unit will not turn on with only the 12V constant power "yellow wire" is hooked up....it only turns on when the ignition 12v wire "red wire" is also connected to the yellow wire....so all in all four wires are interconnected just for the unit to turn on......the problem with that is the unit will not turn off when the ignition is turned off........I'm I doing something wrong with the connection or is it the harness???????

• 2 months later...

I'm installing an AVHP4200 in a chrysler 300....the installation went well except the unit will not turn on with only the 12V constant power "yellow wire" is hooked up....it only turns on when the ignition 12v wire "red wire" is also connected to the yellow wire....so all in all four wires are interconnected just for the unit to turn on......the problem with that is the unit will not turn off when the ignition is turned off........I'm I doing something wrong with the connection or is it the harness???????

What do you mean with "4 wires interconnected" (yellow + black + red = 3), what's the 4th wire? I don't get my P5200BT to turn on at all (and I exchanged the unit already).

Thanks,

Virzn

• 2 years later...

Yellow: +12V Continuous (battery)
Red: 12V Switched (ignition)
Black: -12V Ground

Then it should work properly
What you can do, is link the Yellow & Red wire (Pioneer cables are from factory prepared for it).
So: Yellow from battery -> Link with red wire --> Attach to +12V Continous

This way you'll be able to use the radio without the ignition turned on.

However, you will always need to turn off the radio manually, or your battery will get drained.