AVIC411.com

x920BT Unit constantly rebooting...

Ok i'm going to take it out tonight and check the ground wires which is my only guess at this point, but recently and all of a sudden, my unit has started to shut off shortly after I start my car. If I start driving, it seems to go out, then if i hit a sharp corner, it tries to come on. THe whole trip will be on and off, but mostly off. Then on the next start it will work so it is very random. I can only guess right now that it might be the ground, but does anyone have any suggestions or had a similar experience w/ the x920BT? I've installed these units before and my last AVIC d3 had zero issues so I'm really confused. I do have the bypass working, which was done exactly as suggested, and other than that I can't figure out what it might be? Thanks. Could this be a power issue as I read on another thread? I have an olde Basslink II that powers my speakers etc and was wondering if this new X920 requires more power than my D3? This worked flawlessly for a little over a month.

appreciate the response

i'm hoping to hear some suggestions so i can cover all bases because I really dont want to have to disassemble the dash more than one more time. It's all fun and games when it's a new install, but trouble shooting blindly is no fun at all. I'm hoping to be able to check the power, check the grounds, and expect it to be one of the two, but wasnt sure if this sounded familiar to anyone.

I'm reading where people have experienced this same issue and said it was a BlueTooth connection problem causing a reboot and in another post it was potentially power draw issue.

Neither confirmed any solution so please if anyone has had this problem let me know. I will try turning off my bluetooth since that seems an easy test before I take the unit out.

Well, not sure if this will help anyone, but before I took the unit out I went ahead and shut off the bluetooth on my iphone, and low and behold there were not problems on the way home from work. I'm not fully convinced yet though because as I said before it's been sort of a random issue. I also went and updated to the latest firmware hoping maybe there was a fix there as well since they did mention bluetooth in the update. I certainly noticed an improvement in the VR as has been mentioned numerous times. Again, no issues this morning. It still seems odd to me that if it is this bluetooth issue potentially, that it didnt affect anything until a month after install? So again, i'm sort of just waiting to see if it acts up again, in which case I'll know it's a more serious issue (low power, ground, fuse etc).

Not sure why i'm using this as a journal, but it looks like I do need to take the system out. I hit some bumpy roads this morning on the way in to work and the system restarted. That means almost certainly that I have a loose connection. Damn i really didnt want to take this out again. While I'm back there I was considering adding in HD radio but i havent heard very good reviews of that in my area (Pittsburgh).

To close the loop...the power harness had somehow came unclamped and was the cause of my issues. While I had the unit out, I went ahead and installed the PAC SWI-PS to bring steering wheel controls on my FJ Cruiser back to life. It was a fun project. Should be a quick and easy install but I managed to make it much more difficult with a resistor mix up. In the end, it's nice to have them functioning again but not sure it was worth the time I wasted. It is nice to have the VR button programmed to my steering wheel though.

• 2 months later...

To close the loop...the power harness had somehow came unclamped and was the cause of my issues. While I had the unit out, I went ahead and installed the PAC SWI-PS to bring steering wheel controls on my FJ Cruiser back to life. It was a fun project. Should be a quick and easy install but I managed to make it much more difficult with a resistor mix up. In the end, it's nice to have them functioning again but not sure it was worth the time I wasted. It is nice to have the VR button programmed to my steering wheel though.

Does it still reboot when you PAIR your phone via BT?

Does it still reboot when you PAIR your phone via BT?

• 8 months later...