AVIC411.com

Questions before buying

I have an F90BT now and before I consider upgrading I'd like to know if the following things have been addressed.

1) Switching to MAP when a call comes in, I find this really annoying on the F90

2) Dropping a call if I shut off the car while I'm talking. With the Kenwood I had before, the call would revert back to the handset if I shut the car off.

3) Lookup destination by phone #. My D3 has this and I really like it.

4) How is the startup speed of the unit compared to the F90?

Also, people have been complaining about the navigation on the new units, but the posts I've read don't seem to specify WHAT is so bad about it. Any NAV I've used can be a little flaky at routing at times. My TomTom unit once told me I couldn't get from the shopping mall I was at back to the hotel I was staying at.

Oops, looking at the X920

while I agree it's not the most intuitive layout, it took me all of three days to figure out how to get around inside it's brain. No biggie. Actually, there are a bunch of things I quite like about it's nav. If your a junkie for Garmin's interface, you may not like it. I suggest going to a local shop and pushing buttons and NOT relying on what people here say. The weirdest thing about their interface is that Carls Jr, McDonalds and Subway are NOT under "fast food", but instead under "other restaurants".

That made me laugh alot.