AVIC411.com

06 Ford Super Duty Reverse (Not the usual question)

Hello,

I am getting ready to install my X920BT, so I have been looking into wiring info. I found a pin-out online and it showed Pin 20 as "Reverse Park Aid" or something similar. These trucks didn't have an option for any type of backup cameras, though they do have the reverse sensors (not part of the radio). I haven't opened the dash yet to even see if there is a wire there, but wondering if this is a spot that could be tapped into for reverse wire on the new unit?

Adam

quite possibility, it could either be for a factory nav option or for some part of the external back up sensor system (maybe to lower the volume of the factory radio to be abl to hear the sensors beep)

you should test the wire with a meter and see if it is really a reverse signal or not

what year did ford start making the backup camera an option in the rear view mirror?

Thanks for the reply.

I ended up installing without doing anything with the reverse wire, but if I do go to install a camera, I will investigate. As far as I know the option didn't come until 2008.

I was interested because I wanted to avoid tapping into any factory wires if possible, and I was able to add to my adapter harness to include a VSS wire and SWC wire, so I wanted to do the same for reverse if I was going to use it.

Adam

tapping into a wire is no big deal as long as it is done right, and is no more dangerous than getting the same wire at the harness (as long as it is the right wire) and with the fords it is usually under the trim panel that runs down the driver side (in the harness that runs to the back of the car)