AVIC411.com

Help! X910BT won't boot up & screen is reversed in test mode

Hi everyone. I'm a newbie here. I have an avic-X910BT and first I wanted to update maps (mine were 2008) then I found FX3.1 firmware update and installed it because it already had all updated maps (06.2009). It worked out but every time I turned on my car it asked to choose the language and all brightness and illumination settings were reset so I needed to set them up again. I thought that something was installed bad and decided to get everything back to manufacturer settings. SD card with a firmware from Pioneer web site did its job well and everything went back to normal but maps. Navi couldn't see any maps at that time, though they were in right folder when checking in testmode. Then I decided to install Diaftia-HybridMods V2.3 hoping that it would help. It didn't. My unit still didn't see any maps. Then I decided to go back to Pioneer original firmware again but it didn't work out that time, my unit just didn't see the sd card with firmware. I decided to re-install FX3.1 again but after installation my unit didn't start up just showing splash screen at all the time. I was trying to install it again and again, tried to download it again from the internet thinking that it might be downloaded incorrect firs time, but all without a result. I forgot to tell that the fist time and all the time I tried to update wince I have chosen "format" mode (which was incorrect as I read on another web site but I'm not sure). Someone said that in case if you choose "format" option you need to write an image so I found how to do this ad did it. When restarting my unit in test mode I realized I had the screen reversed so in case I needed to press something on the screen I had to guess where it could be as it was in mirror. After writing the image again result was the same, reversed image in testmode and no booting into normal, DVD/Navi mode. But now instead truing to but and splash screen, the black screen appears after pioneer splash screen and all buttons lights go off. So this is the story. I appreciate any help and hope your experience will help me to fix my Pioneer.

P.S. If there is a way to just return it to manufacturer setting I will be glad if anyone tells me how to do this. Thanks everybody.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi everyone. 77 views and no one can help? Am i the only one who's having problems with reversed screen?

BTW, I was playing again and again with it and it finally starts and boots up into "normal mode" but all buttons still reversed. So in case to press a button right upper corner I need to press the bottom left part of the screen, and opposite. (The most funny/hard part was when I had to guess where should the buttons be when in testmode, and it wasn't easy working with stylus while in reverse mode).

So again, is there anyone who has similar problem and can help me? Please any ideas. Thanks.

Hi everyone. 77 views and no one can help? Am i the only one who's having problems with reversed screen?

BTW, I was playing again and again with it and it finally starts and boots up into "normal mode" but all buttons still reversed. So in case to press a button right upper corner I need to press the bottom left part of the screen, and opposite. (The most funny/hard part was when I had to guess where should the buttons be when in testmode, and it wasn't easy working with stylus while in reverse mode).

So again, is there anyone who has similar problem and can help me? Please any ideas. Thanks.

Hrm... never heard of the screen getting reversed like that. I would suggest resotring SDMLC (as per threads here) completely. And make sure you are using firmware for your model...

Thanks BorisM for your suggestion but as for now it doesn't read SD card so I can't get into the testmode. I think I can start from the beginning - updating Win CE with Format option, but I'd like to get an original "My Flash Disk" files which I still can't find anywhere. It's very hard to work in testmode after updating Win CE when the screen is reverced. :-(

Thanks BorisM for your suggestion but as for now it doesn't read SD card so I can't get into the testmode. I think I can start from the beginning - updating Win CE with Format option, but I'd like to get an original "My Flash Disk" files which I still can't find anywhere. It's very hard to work in testmode after updating Win CE when the screen is reverced. :-(

Yeah, go into engineering mode and restore factory WinCE image first. That should at least let you boot into testmode and then you can copy over either stock or updated files.

That's what I did actually, I entered into engineering mode, chose Update Win CE/Fotmat, and after it was updated I restarted and got into the testmode, but testmode was reversed and it took me almost forever because I was guessing where to press to get what I wanted. Finally I copied all the files, restarted, and it butted up, into main menu... but still everything is reversed.

That's what I did actually, I entered into engineering mode, chose Update Win CE/Fotmat, and after it was updated I restarted and got into the testmode, but testmode was reversed and it took me almost forever because I was guessing where to press to get what I wanted. Finally I copied all the files, restarted, and it butted up, into main menu... but still everything is reversed.

That's rather weird. The only thing I could think of would be to try using a different firmware and try burning that in. May be that would un-reverse the screen.

• 7 months later...

Folks, don't laugh very loud please. The issue of "reversed screen" was fixed by simple screen calibration after many attempts to reinstall 3.1 and other available versions of firmware. Now I'm looking for an original (backup) "My Flash Disc" folder. If anyone has backed up original files that came with a unit, could you please share them with me. Appreciate it.

• 2 months later...

Thanks to everybody for your help. Special thanks to Diaftia for sharing his older backup with me. It worked out. Also I had an issue with device rebooting itself after pressing "AM", "FM" , "Disk" etc, There was not enough power because I powered it up using 12v home power supply, as soon as I hooked it back into my car it started working property. Now I enjoy having normally working unit... finally! Good luck to everyone who's still fighting their AVICs.

• 4 months later...

If possible can somebody share those backed up files again.Installed fx31 but didnt solve nothing all im gettin its fatal error application will be shut down pop up on the screen so im wondering if reinstaling the unit to the factory version will help ... any thoughts???

Thanks