AVIC411.com

Cell phone pairing devices handsfree calling via bluetooth?

Hi All,

1) I have read on the boards about handsfree calling, success stories and complaints. I was wondering what phones work relatively well with the z120bt ASIDES for the iPhone??

2) and if the iPhone works the best what firmware should it be? and if it is jail-broken does that help with the blue tooth connection positive or a negative?

my car is ipod ready so my plan was to purchase a 160gb ipod classic (to store all my cds and a few movies) and have a blackberry as my phone to sync with the blue tooth for handsfree calling. I am a obsessive blackberry user and would hate to part with blackberry.

3) ** I am mainly interested in which blackberry models work well and the firmware the blackberry is running and the bluetooth firmware on the z120bt? **

but any sort of advice would be greatly appreciated!

thanks all!

i used to have a 9630, now i have a 9530, and my girlfriends 8530 also works fine. all of them are running some version of 5.0

there actually was one small issue i forgot about, with my AVIC F900bt i was not able to transfer my phone book over, i dont know if this was a problem with the phone or the AVIC, but there was a way around this, i had to create my own contact list with software, i dont think you can do that with the Z series.

crackberry.com for the win!

i used to have a 9630, now i have a 9530, and my girlfriends 8530 also works fine. all of them are running some version of 5.0

there actually was one small issue i forgot about, with my AVIC F900bt i was not able to transfer my phone book over, i dont know if this was a problem with the phone or the AVIC, but there was a way around this, i had to create my own contact list with software, i dont think you can do that with the Z series.

crackberry.com for the win!

I dont mind if the contacts dont sync up BUT were you able to send and recieve calls without the connection disconnecting and able to switch between calls and back to your music? (ipod, cd, radio???)

I use Blackberry Bold and the Ipod clasic they work flawlessly together<

I use the Hands free voice call from the steering wheel controls

The only issue i have is with the blackberry bluetooth high quality audio

It works ok and will alow you to take ore make calls

but will not resumeplay after call.

All in all i would not venture forth to fimd a better system today.

Unless i went with a car puter pr possibly a slate ( Blackberry playbook Hummm )

I use Blackberry Bold and the Ipod clasic they work flawlessly together<

I use the Hands free voice call from the steering wheel controls

The only issue i have is with the blackberry bluetooth high quality audio

It works ok and will alow you to take ore make calls

but will not resumeplay after call.

All in all i would not venture forth to fimd a better system today.

Unless i went with a car puter pr possibly a slate ( Blackberry playbook Hummm )

which blackberry bold model are you using? 9000 or 9700?

and thanks for the replies bro! :)

were you able to send and recieve calls without the connection disconnecting and able to switch between calls and back to your music? (ipod, cd, radio???)

i have never had a problem with it connecting or disconnecting, and no problems making or receiving calls, and as soon as the song is done it goes right back to playing whatever source i was listing to, some times it does take a while for the source to start playing like the avic is super slow to end the call, maybe up to 30 seconds at the worse, but that doesnt happen more than once a week or so

I have a BB 9700 and this is what I've found:

If listening to BT audio and a call comes in, track will pause then auto resume after the call.

If I switch to a different source such as FM radio, track will pause and phone will remain connected but only as a phone, not an audio device. If I switch back to BT audio, phone will auto connect but I have to manually unpause music. Reconnect is pretty much immediate.

Glitch: if I'm on a different source while mp3 is paused and a call comes in, the track will start playing on my phone when the call ends.