AVIC411.com

Parking brake error Z2/3

I only found 1 when I searched and it was for a Z1.

I moved this Z2 (updated to Z3 with new HDD from here) from my '07 Tundra to my new '10 Tundra. Everything was working fine. I upgraded (replaced) the HDD with a 60 from here to make a Z3 and it still worked. Then we added the BC4 camera and now I'm getting the error at start up:

"Caution! System detected improper connection of Parking Brake lead. Please check your configuration for safety. Please see Operation Manual for more information regarding safe operation."

The HU already had the reverse signal wire connected when we installed the system with out the camera. A week later we added the camera, tapping into the power and ground for the XM as it was right there. I have the ground wire by-pass done and it was done on the other truck as well....

Any thoughts?

Thank you,

David

Ok... I recant part of my statement... I don't remember testing the DVD function and after testing today... It will play in gear, no parking break... if I'm at a dead stop... Once I start rolling... I get the 'this is not allowed' error and the screen goes to the blue background screen until I stop again and it starts playing the video once more.

David