AVIC411.com

MSN Direct not working on F900BT

For quite a while now my MSN Direct has not worked on my F900BT. It's been a while since I actually cared also. But, I just installed the 2010 map upgrade w/the MSN Direct that has traffic. I would like to try it and see how it works.

I can't do this. When I go to use it...there is ZERO signal. When I tap status it just keeps staying "Connecting to MSN Direct". Yes, I've left it on this screen for quite sometime before I gave up. The firmware update will not take place either. Lastly.....the MSN Direct Status Info screen shows no information at all!!!

Please help!!!!

post-46733-1287276331438_thumb.jpg

post-46733-12872763319401_thumb.jpg

post-46733-12872763324123_thumb.jpg

For quite a while now my MSN Direct has not worked on my F900BT. It's been a while since I actually cared also. But, I just installed the 2010 map upgrade w/the MSN Direct that has traffic. I would like to try it and see how it works.

I can't do this. When I go to use it...there is ZERO signal. When I tap status it just keeps staying "Connecting to MSN Direct". Yes, I've left it on this screen for quite sometime before I gave up. The firmware update will not take place either. Lastly.....the MSN Direct Status Info screen shows no information at all!!!

Please help!!!!

Hit the reset button.

Please help!!!!

Hit the reset button.

at what point.....after it's booted up all the way?? hold it while i turn it on?? when?

[quote="hondahater

at what point.....after it's booted up all the way?? hold it while i turn it on?? when?

The only point when it does anything -- after the unit is booted up and you have confirmed that MSN is not working (no MSN ID is displayed in the status screen).

MSN receiver in this units becomes very confused if at some point it goes through an incomplete boot (i.e., you've turned the key, but then turned it back off before the unit fully booted) and does not get initialized properly. Reset usually clears it up.

i tried the reset button after it fully booted up with no luck. also tried a factory reset with no luck. anything else??

Strange... this tends to always work for me. Is it still showing blanks for the MSN tuner serial number?

i tried the reset button after it fully booted up with no luck. also tried a factory reset with no luck. anything else??

Strange... this tends to always work for me. Is it still showing blanks for the MSN tuner serial number?

yes same as the pics i put up in my original post

It won't work for ANYBODY starting in Jan 2012...lol. Perhaps it's time to switch to Kenwoods? Or hope Pioneer has a R-TDS or XM NavTraffic replacement comeing out soon to replace the MSN tuners they sold everyone??

that's also the reason I wanted to get the msn working.....$20 for the last 15mos or so.....thats a deal to me. But I do hope that there is a replacement too....sirius traffic would be perfect to me