AVIC411.com

I have a new z120 and the map display is way off. Is there a way to

"calibrate" the system so it show the cross streets BEFORE I pass them up.

It seems to be off by almost 100 yards. I pass streets before the display shows them.

I found a calibration menu for 3d display, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Is your speed sensor wire connected? I remember the installation guide saying it's not necessary for the unit to work, but it does help with accuracy. I don't know if that's just when driving through tunnels etc. where there's no signal or if it helps overall. In any case, may be worth a shot if it's not hooked up.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the VSS connected and the unit says it's calibrating. I've done almost 700 miles and the display is still

off. I have one of the original TomTom Riders and it didn't require any calibration and is spot on when it comes to position and map location. Even my Motorola i1 Android phone and google maps is more accurate. I complained to Pioneer and told them they need to talk to TomTom about how to do proper navigation positioning and display. I sent Pioneer a list of nine items I'd like for them to address in any future software upgrades. Here are the top three.

1: Get rid of the worthless red line to destination clutter on the maps.

2: Reset the time conversion so that the map location actually shows where you are. (Eliminate the display delay)

3: Give the user the ability to label the preset buttons when using the HD module.

Lee

The lag for the navigation on these units is just the way it is for now, I have the same lag that everyone else seems to have, it has gotten a little bit better than it was when I first installed the unit. I have driven about 800 miles, since I installed the 120bt. Maybe Pioneer will address this in a future firmware update.