AVIC411.com

AVH-4100 Audio problem w/iphone 4

I have the AVH-4100DVD, I really love this deck, but Its developed a strange problem. I have a dock for my iPhone and the pioneer ipod cable, when ever I play music, either from the ipod function of the phone or from Pandora, the deck will stop playing constantly. Sometime it will stop every few seconds, sometime it will go for a minute, totally random. I think this started when I got the iphone 4. Whats makes is strange is that the phone continues to play, the timer on the track counts down, there is just no music from the deck. Another issue, this does not happen when I play video from the iphone nor when I play podcasts, only when I play music.....very strange.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

hi, i have that problem too, i'd do a dowgrade to the 4.0.1 version of the iphone, make a jailbreak, without jailbreak, upgrade to 4.1, check with other cable, but always the same problem: it pauses the music randomly; videos works fine (i think 'couse video really goes to the aux input)... is a filmware upgrade for this unit out there?

any help is wellcome!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

I still have the same issue also trucutu, I pulled the deck out and thought a power off reset would help, it did not. It still cuts out randomly when playing music, Video and podcasts work fine. I am considering buying a new deck. I have not been able to find a firmware upgrade.