AVIC411.com

D1 - Insert Proper Disk

Hey guys,

Well so it happens again. I bought a new truck and this truck has a D1 unit. I have had it for 3 weeks and just got the Insert Proper Disk Error.

I called the person I bought the truck from and he doesn't have the OG Disks that came with the truck. He gave me burned ones that he had.

So my next step is should I try a newer set of disks? or just pull the unit out of the truck and take it to Pioneer and also buy a set of new disks?

If my memory serves me right this error was almost impossible to fix on your own.

Thanks guys.

Whit

I know the issue is with the unit. It has to do with the incorrect disks. They are burned disks and they messed up the unit.

What I am trying to figure out is will a new set of the current year disks fix the problem or do I need to take it to Pioneer and have it serviced.

Or is there some sort of roll back instructions I can use to roll it back to the factory disks I have that came with the unit when it was brand new 3 years ago?

Whit

• 2 weeks later...

I know the issue is with the unit. It has to do with the incorrect disks. They are burned disks and they messed up the unit.

What I am trying to figure out is will a new set of the current year disks fix the problem or do I need to take it to Pioneer and have it serviced.

Or is there some sort of roll back instructions I can use to roll it back to the factory disks I have that came with the unit when it was brand new 3 years ago?

Whit

There is a way to roll it back in the service menu. I'll try to find the procedure. It's been some time since I had my hands on a D1, I loaned mine to a friend who sold it...

1. How to start the test mode

1. When +Battery and ACC are ON, push RESET and EJECT buttons simultaneously.

2. Release RESET button only.

3. When “password entry screen” is displayed, release EJECT button.

4. Enter the password.

The password is [ (up)] [ (up)] [ (down)] [ (down)] [ENTER].

5. When the password has been entered, press [ENTER] key.

6. If the correct password has been entered, the test mode menu will be displayed.

Then it gets a little complicated, I found a post that seems to describe the process: http://avic411.com/index.php?showtopic=18120

1. How to start the test mode

1. When +Battery and ACC are ON, push RESET and EJECT buttons simultaneously.

2. Release RESET button only.

3. When “password entry screen†is displayed, release EJECT button.

4. Enter the password.

The password is [ (up)] [ (up)] [ (down)] [ (down)] [ENTER].

5. When the password has been entered, press [ENTER] key.

6. If the correct password has been entered, the test mode menu will be displayed.

Then it gets a little complicated, I found a post that seems to describe the process: http://avic411.com/index.php?showtopic=18120

When I press the Eject and reset button down and release thje reset button I get a

Press Reset Prompt and nothing else. When I press reset it reboots the system and that's it no password screen

When I press the Eject and reset button down and release thje reset button I get a

Press Reset Prompt and nothing else. When I press reset it reboots the system and that's it no password screen

When you see that screen, release the eject button and enter the password, even if there is no password prompt. It takes a few tries to get it right, but it does work.

When you see that screen, release the eject button and enter the password, even if there is no password prompt. It takes a few tries to get it right, but it does work.

Just to clarify acouple things Jason. Is it both Eject Buttons? or just one?

Also when rolling back what disk do I need to have? I have the Original Disk that came with the unit. At one point the unit had a burned CMT80 disk that worked I think... The disks that are in it now that screwed things up was the CMT90. I tried the CMT100 disk but still does the same thing... It updates but then just returns the insert proper disk.

So am I able to revert back to the OG Disks? Or do I need to find all these disks?

Or should I just send it to Pioneer to get fixed.

Thanks for all your help.

Whit

Just to clarify acouple things Jason. Is it both Eject Buttons? or just one?

Also when rolling back what disk do I need to have? I have the Original Disk that came with the unit. At one point the unit had a burned CMT80 disk that worked I think... The disks that are in it now that screwed things up was the CMT90. I tried the CMT100 disk but still does the same thing... It updates but then just returns the insert proper disk.

So am I able to revert back to the OG Disks? Or do I need to find all these disks?

Or should I just send it to Pioneer to get fixed.

Thanks for all your help.

Whit

I think when they say eject they mean the open button.

When you roll back, you want the original disk in there.

You could send it to pioneer, not sure what they would charge though.

The screwed up thing is when I get into the service menu and select the stuff the versions that are showing are what's on the disk. I am using the 2005 disk that came with the unit. How is that possible?

And the GPS part says NG and won't load the version that's on the disk. Just says NG after I force the write.