AVIC411.com

Good Alternative to Z110BT?

Soooo after a long hiatus I'm back in to the forums. Hi all :-)

Unfortunately I'm no longer happy with the Z110BT and was wondering are there any other 7 inch HU's out there that had a good iPod interface but also a great Maps interface? What about the new Sony HU's that just came out, any thoughts?

Yeah I know you can't with the 110. I was just thinking if I'm going to switch might as well add that to my list of factors to consider for a new unit. There are no full 7 inch HU's out there that are customizable right? Only one I know of is the 5inch 910bt...

WOW! They actually look pretty good but I would like to get my hands on them before I would know for sure. I have certainly been fooled many times before. One thing apparent at this point is that these units don't appear to support iPod Video.

Yeah I thought they looked quite appealing as well. I've never used a Nav by TomTom or Garmin but my impression is that they are usually universally better than you would get in a Nav made by the HU manufacturer directly. Is that pretty accurate? Also I do believe this unit does support iPod video as it's a feature listed on the site www.sonystyle.com

and I saw a video that showed this. The Nav looks quite compelling but I haven't seen the iPod music interface which is make or break for me. I want both great Nav and great music interface... apparently this is too much to ask from the units that are out now lol :shock:

I did some searching around since even though that feature isn't a deal breaker for me it would be a missed feature from my current HU. It looks like the XNA-770BT is the same as the XAV-70BT but just with the Nav added hence the N in XNV instead of the A in XAV. The XAV-70BT supports iPod/iPhone video using their RC-200 IPV cable and Sony has said that the XNV will support all the same functionality as the XAV but with the added Nav, so we should be good to go.. ;-) Man I hope this comes out so I can play with it soon. This looks like it's a definite contender in the 7inch HU arena.

Out of curiosity, what makes this appealing over the z120bt? Better NAV?

I am asking because I am trying to make a similar decision which also includes the JVC KW-NT3HDT in the mix. Not much feedback yet (that I have seen) on the JVC and even less on the Sony (since it is not out). One of these three is probably going to be my Santa present this year so the Sony will probably have to be a quick hit to win. Pioneer also periodically has discounts on Amazon.

• 2 weeks later...