AVIC411.com

Has anyone hooked up the 5.1 on the Avic Z1?

Hello,

I had the Z1 installed in my H2 back in 2006 and I've always been unhappy when watching a DVD. I have to turn all the highs way up so I can hear what people are saying. I know there's a 5.1 option in the menu but what do I need to do to enable that feature? I've seen there's a multi channel processor by Pioneer but is that all I need? Well that and a center channel.

Has anyone done a 5.1 install with this unit? If so what is needed? If anyone has a good setup for my truck I'd greatly appreciate the suggestions.

Thanks,

Mike

• 1 year later...

You have to get the AVP-8000. I had it installed in my audi, then you will need a center channel speaker, plus a external nav/telephone speaker, but the sound was great and being able to hear the dialog helped out so much. The only issue I had was that there wasn't very good integration with the avic unit. I had to use a separate remote and display to control the unit. That was my only complaint.