AVIC411.com

AVIC 120BT

I have the head unit hooked up in my 2006 Tahoe. A few issues arose.

1. Cannot find the VSS wire. All the forums have different colors and different locations, so I'm not sure which one it is. Also post a pic if available.

2. Cannot find the reverse wire. Please help me with location and color.

3. Back up camera is a BARCAM221, it has 2 wires hanging from the camera connection and the instructions don't ay what to do with them and then the ground and hot wire are near the head unit and extremely short, I know the cam is supposed to connect to reverse, but it's short as hell.

4. I have an axxcess steering control unit, I connected it to the head unit and then to A1 of the vehicle harness, but it still just flashes, any pointers?

Vblue, I've seen a few of your post, you are an ASS. The purpose of this site is not to tell people to go spend their hard earned money on an installer. I've never had a problem with an install, the instructions are not thorough or I'd be done. Then there's you, either answer the damn questions or shut the hell up. We know we can take it to an installer, the whole point is to put it in our selves. So if you don't have some helpful shit to say, besides take it to an installer, shut the hell up.

Vblue, I've seen a few of your post, you are an ASS. The purpose of this site is not to tell people to go spend their hard earned money on an installer. I've never had a problem with an install, the instructions are not thorough or I'd be done. Then there's you, either answer the damn questions or shut the hell up. We know we can take it to an installer, the whole point is to put it in our selves. So if you don't have some helpful shit to say, besides take it to an installer, shut the hell up.

VBlue is just a straight shooter, and on a forum it's never easy to tell the difference between someone with the skill set needed to do an install that just needs a hand, vs. a noob that shouldn't be allowed to use a pair of wire snippers because they'll ground the car circuits and blow up every piece of electronics in the car.

When a poster comes in and says "everything has different colors" they get dropped in "noob" right away, I would have made the same assumption he did from that initial post.

Lol, being in the industry for all these years, and I can't even begin to count the noobs that can install their own stuff. "I can do this, I'm an engineer" is the most popular one., or "I'm an electrician". Just have it installed dude, by your questions, you are way off.

Hard earned money? You can afford a 30k+ truck, a $1000+ radio, you can certainly afford to have it installed, the right way.

That is, unless you live by the american way, You owe 30k+ on the truck, you owe another $1000+ on your charge card for the deck, and live paycheck to paycheck.

Actually I have no debt, and I have plenty of money in the bank, this forum is not here so you can give your opinion and what people SHOULD do, the point is to help your fellow man. I posted in a different forum and got my answers, everything is installed and working. I figured your were an installer of course you want people to keep going to you, because if they find out how easy it is you will be handing out baskets at your local market. Good luck to you VBLUE, the only life you have is on this site, idiot.

Another thing...it's my fucking car, what the hell do yall care if I did blow it up. If you aren't noobs yall should know that they don't tell you were the reverse, or the VSS is in instructions. At some point you also had to get told were these were. So either HELP people on here, or shut the FUCK UP!

Ok I have had it with you and the profanity. I posted my initial response because based on the elementary level of your questioning, it was clear you were not qualified to be installing in anyone's car, even yours. Your questions were also not per the typical topic for this forum and more so general audio related and should have been posted in another forum elsewhere. The response from you was inappropriate but I let it slide without a follow up response in the hope this would not turn into what it has now turned into. This forum is not the place for you and I am glad you have found another forum to help you because you wont be coming back here.

• 3 weeks later...
either answer the damn questions or shut the hell up... ...the whole point is to put it in our selves.

if we are to believe that you are capable of installing, then you should be able to convey whats going on better than you did. if you cant figure out that when wires are too short, that you need to extend them, then you instantly get thrown into the know nothing, harness hacking, duct tape and T-tap using, car fire starting rookie that you are

VBlue is just a straight shooter

quoted for truth

the point is to help your fellow man.

that is only if the fellow man is capable of doing the work, i know i surely wouldn't give out information to someone that might not be capable of following directions and cause some serious damage

what the hell do yall care if I did blow it up.

a great installer, would never give instructions to somebody that would damage their car, it would look bad for that installer even if the instruction where incorrectly followed. and thats just bad business. then your just going to be back, asking how to fix more stuff that you messed up on, causing us to spend more time helping the unhelpable

So either HELP people on here, or shut the FUCK UP!

well first off, we've helped more people on this site alone than you have in any, so maybe you should shut the phuk up, also, only a moron would think that talking to a mod that way would ever end in a good way (for you at least, for the rest of us, we have one less immature jabronie to spoon feed everything to)

so enjoy your ride on the banwagon